lørdag den 12. april 2014

Divergent Movie talk

SPOILER ALERT. WILL SPOIL MOVIE AND BOOK.

But honestly, if you still haven't read Divergent, what are you even doing here? Not that I don't want you here... I appreciate your digital presence a lot. I just don't know where you've been, or how you managed to live this past year, if you haven't read Divergent. Like srsly, how?!

Anyway, I don't actually have much to say about this book, because, seeing as I was in a cinema, I didn't take any notes. However, I do remember a couple things I wanted to talk about, and I'll see if I can remember them.

The first thing I noticed was their clothes. The costume designers did good, if you look away from the fact that some of the costumes were just wrong. Take Amity, they wear red and yellow. Period. Amity od not wear orange, brown nor green. Also,  whilst blue is in fact an Erudite cover, members of Erudite don't have to wear all blue. They have to wear at least one blue clothing item. But I can't complain too much about that, cuz who's to say all the Erudite didn't just feel extra blue in the morning and all decided to dress all blue?

Apart from that, I think most of the technical details were done pretty well. I would have liked the Dauntless pit to be a bit bigger and a bit darker, but apart from that everything was so awesomely made! I love the way they made The Fence, and when Tris went down the zip line, I was on the edge of my seat, just completely absorbed in the movie.

Divergent was one of those movies I could easily lose myself in. I was even holding my breath when Tris was drowning in the glass box in her fear-landscape. But then again, I was so absorbed in this world throughout he movie, I even felt like I was Tris. But I'm not. I'm an Erudite.

Overall I think it was a really good movie and it totally didn't feel like two and a half hours. They did do some things differently from the book, but all in all it was one of the best book to movie adaptions I have ever seen.

I'm not gonna give it stars, cuz I am not used to giving movies stars, I just really liked it, and I will be looking forward to Insurgent, Allegiant part 1, and Allegiant part 2!

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar