mandag den 3. marts 2014

February Book Summary

So I know I haven't posted in forever, but I thought I'd just take a chance and see if anyone is sactually interested in reading my blogposts, and so a post about the books I read in February. You can always find me newest book updates on Goodreads were my URL is Potterlocknerd just like on Instagram and Twitter.

So the first book I finished in February 2014 was The Book Thief by Markus Zusak, and the first thing I wanna say about this, is that I wasn't just crying at the end, I was ugly-sobbing. I was on so high a nope-level as I haven't been since I watched the Doctor Who episode Doomsday (srsly the best and worst ep ever, go watch DW now!). The Book Thief was so not what I had expected. I thought it would be about a girl who stole books from stores and got in trouble for it, but boy was I wrong! Now y'all probably know what The Book Thief is about, but just in case you, like me, are often far behind on these things, I'll just give a quick spoiler-free summary.
So we're in Germany in like the early 30's and this girl Liesel sees her little brother die. At his funeral she steals a book, even though she can't read. For reasons I'm not gonna explain, cuz it'd be too lengthy, her new foster father teaches her to read, and she soon steals more books and gets a friend and yada yada yada, the book is full of feels and tears, but so is TFIOS and nobody thinks less of John Green for writing an incredibly sad book.
I'd like to thank Perola Lima (@xperola on Instagram. Go follow, she's awesomsauce) for sending me this book for Christmas, cuz it was one of the most interesting literary experiences I ever had.
5 of 5 stars
the-book-thief-poster


The second book I read was Delirium by Lauren Oliver. Now this book has been on my shelf since summer and I'd not bothered to pick it up before February. There has been so much talk about this book and it's series and peeps have been saying it was just fantastic, so y'know I kinda HAD to read it, and I did. I gotta say I found it real cheesy, and it reminded me so much of Divergent, I kept picturing Lena as Tris, which really fucked me up later cuz Lena is dark haired where Tris is blonde. To me it was no more than a basic dystopia, but since the dystopia genre iss one of my faves I gave it 4 of 5 stars.
One thing I really did like was how love was twisted around, and people only knew the bad things that could happen. It is proabably the scariest form of the future I have ever encountered in a book, and I liked what was outside the fence much more than what was outide the fence in the Divergent trilogy. Honestly Allegiant disapointed me a lot.



After Delirium, I decided it was time to continue The Mortal Instruments series, and read City of Glass by Casssandra Clare. A while ago, I had read the first 50 pages and then given up, cuz it wasn't that interesting, but I have a friend who loves the series and that inspired me to keep going. And also it's a New York Time bestseller, how bad can it be? It turned out to be incredibly good, just as the other two, City of Bones and City of Ashes, had been. I considered starting City of Fallen Angels directly after that, but decided against it, as I usually get tired of an author's writing style after a book or two, and I wanted to preserve the magic Cassandra Clare's books possess.
I really liked the ending of City of Glass, and I think it was hte best part of the series so far. Also, I love how we see both bad and good sides of all the characters. And ofc there were all the ships. Malec is my TMI OTP. Sorry to say it, but they beat Clace.
We read Jace's POV a lot and half the time he was there, I sat hugging the book, telling Jace he was my bby and I loved him and he  was perff and plz don't hate yourself bby.
BTW I WAS SO THRILLED TO FIND OUT IT WAS NOT ALEC ON THE COVER!
5 of 5 stars
File:City of glass.jpg


You enjoying this, guyses? we're only half way through xD

Ok so on to a book I had been meaning to read for months, and I mean months, that I just kept putting off, but that I finallygot round to: The Sorceress by Michael Scott.
Spoiler free. I promise.
This is the 3rd book in  The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel (with a silent 's' in Nicholas. He's French.) Now to tell you guyses a funny lil story, I was at B&N in Jefferson City, MO and it was my first trip ever to a B&N so I was so excited (duh) and I saw teh first book, The Alchemyst, just sitting on a shelf. It is one of my best-friend-at-the-time's fave series, so I pick it up and see it's not alone. I grab one of each of the books they have from the series, thinking they were books 1, 2, 3, 4. I come home and kik my friend, who then tells me I've got book 1,2,3, and....6. The last book in the series.
At this point I was sop mad at B&N for not having the entire series, but there was nothing I could really do about it y'know and I've learnt to live with it. Now I need to buy The Necromancer and The Warlock, so I can finish the series.
Perenelle Flamel is my fave character in this series, and as the title refers to her, and she is the POV like 50% of the time, I think this has been my fave book in the series so far. Also a great cliffhanger with The two that are one, and the one that is all, and what happened to Jo and... well can't say. That'd be a spoiler.
5 of 5 stars because I literally couldn't put this book down (Not actually 'literally' but y'know what I mean, guyses)
Le sorceress.jpg


5th and fave read of the month was, not surprisingly, a John Green book. Yes, I love John Green, yes, I love his books. Everyone does. I posted a pic of this book on Instagram, and y'all were so excited for me to read it, and tbh with you: IT WAS THE BEST JOHN GREEN BOOK OF THEM ALL! No I am not talking about TFIOS.
I am talking about An Abundance of Katherines. I read this book in less than 48 hours, which is something I hardly ever do. Just Colin with his frickin anagrams and his frackin obsession with a dam name! Colin is so bby! Like I want to just pull a mini Colin out of the book and tell him how special and loved he is. I should not have told you that, I should not have told you that. I especially loved the appendix where Daniel Bliss explains what is going on, because (in case you guyses hadn't noticed) I am a huge math geek and even though I might not be as good at math as someone like Colin, I still enjoy it, and it is one of my fave subjects  in school. I guess the book would also be awesome to peeps who don't like math, but I think it'd lose some of it's magic.
Even though Book Thief was unique experience, and it definitely deserved it's 5 stars, An Abundance of Katherines just went striaght to my heart. I know a bit of what Colin is feeling about not being as smart as he used to be, and I feel like I can relate to him a lot. Besides the fact that most of my friends are people who would want to go to college and not sit around on their ass all day watching TV.
As I said, it was my fave read of this month, and therefore it is kinda obvious that I gave it 5 of 5 stars.


I will end this February wrap up with a book like no other. Erin Morgenstern's The Night Circus. I did a review of this on Goodreads, cuz my friend Zaynab (@zaynabalibazzi on Instagram) asked me to do one, so y'all guyses can go read it there.
5 of 5 stars cuz reasons.



So that was my February wrap up! I'll do one for March too, and I'll probs start posting like maybe twice a month on here, or just whenever I can. next week I have project-week in school and so I won't really be able to post or read as much as I'd like to. Hope y'all can forgive me.

ILY guyses!


Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar