mandag den 31. marts 2014

March Book Summary!



So it's that time again! The time where I share with you guys all the books I read throughout the month, tell you what I think about them, and pick my favourite! I've had a really good month and I gave most of my books five stars. However, this month I have chosen to include something new. For every book, I will tell you who my OTP of that particular is! They might noe be canon, but that doesn't mean I can't ship them. As always, I won't spoil anything. 

So, shall we begin?

I started out the month with finishing a book on March 1st. This book was Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver. I you saw last months summary, you must've noticed that I read Delirium and that I really liked it. Usually I like to take a break before I read the next book in a series, but I really wanted to know what happened to Lena, and so I picked up Pandemonium. Let me just say: IT WAS SO DAMN GOOD. Pandemonium was so much better than Delirium, and Delirium wasn't bad at all!
Pandemonium is about Lena's life outside the city of Portland. It's about how she survives and about all the new people she meet. Life is kinda hard for the "invalids", but they get by.
However, it is not just about that. We actually have two different storylines in one book, both coming together in the end. I can't really tell you tell you about the other storyline, cuz it's sorta spoilery, but believe me, it's good.
The cliff hanger at the end didn't really surprise me, but I still wish I had Requiem so I could finish the trilogy. I did go to both my local bookstore and to my fave bookstore in CPH to see if they had it. They didn't. However they had lots of other books and I bought a couple :D
OTP: Lena and Julian

☻☻☻☻☺
4 of 5 smileys



Moving on, we have A Clash of Kings by George R. R. Martin!!! Idk how many of you have read or seen the series A Song of Ice and Fire, also known as the A Game of Thrones series on TV, but those of you who have probably know that they are quite violent and somewhat mature. Plz don't judge the series on its rumours, for even though they might be true, they don't tell the whole story. The ASOIAF series tells one big story about many families in the middle ages who all believe they have the right to the throne. It tells stories of the characters' struggles and hardships in their so different lives.
In this series, we get multiple POVs from important characters, which, I think, is a great way of writing, because we get to see into the different families. Some characters might be more interesting that others, but you grow to love almost all of them.
In this particular book, we read the POVs of: Maester Cressen of Dragonstone, Princess Arya Stark, Princess Sansa Stark, Lord Tyrion Lannister, Prince Brandon Stark and Summer the Direwolf, Lady Catelyn Stark, Ser Davos the former smuggler, Prince Theon Greyjoy and Khaleesi Daenerys Targaryen. (Dayum, I love Dany!)
10 different POVs... Yet George R. R. Martin accomplishes to write a sequel far better than the first book in the series.
OTP: Loras and Renley

☻☻☻☻☻
5 of 5 smileys


Next we have a book which surprised me, because it was so much better than I had expected it to be.The 3rd book in a series almost never happens to be the best one. I thought the Gone series couldn't get better, but then along comes Lies by Michael Grant and proves me wrong. I am currently reading the fourth book, Plague, and even though it's still great, it's not as fantastic as Lies. I thought this book was gonna be nothing but drama and politics, but it was so not!
I did cry at one point, cuz my fave character died, or well she poofed, or quitted, or stepped out, or whatever you wanna call it.
Just, srsly guyses, read this series. It's my 2nd fave series ever. So far, only HP beats it. Not even Divergent, PJO, TMI, or LOTR can beat Gone.
OTP: Caine and Diana

☻☻☻☻☻
5 of 5 smileys


After all this violence and all these feels that the previous two books gave me, I needed something fluffy and happy. Therefore I picked up Dash & Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan, which had been sitting on my shelf since last summer. I've written a review about it, so if you wanna know more, just scroll down (Like 2 posts down) and read it, cuz I'm too lazy to repeat myself.
OTP: Dash and Lily

☻☻☻☻☻
5 of 5 stars (again)


Next on my reading list was Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë, which I got in the library. When I told you guyses on IG that I'd gotten this book, y'all went totally apeshit and kept telling me how amazing this book was. Well let me tell YOU something: You were SO right.
Jane Eyre was one of the best books I ever read, and I can fully understand your enthusiasm!
What I got from this book was exactly what I had anticipated: A heart-breaking story about a strong and independent woman, who falls in love and goes through some tough shit to end up being happy. It took me about 11 days to finish Jane Eyre, but every second I was reading those words, I was happy, and I consider those 11 days well spent.
Also, I liked the plot-twists that came throughout the book. Really interesting about Bertha... (Evil laugh).
I highly recommend this to anyone who likes something cute and classic, and also to anyone who enjoyed Charles Dickens' David Copperfield.
OTP: Jane and Edward

☻☻☻☻☻
5 of 5 stars (Once again...)


Now, we have what I will deffi call the worst read of the month. I only have bad thigns to say about this book, so if you're in a good mood and don't wanna hear me talk ahit about Wisdom's Kiss by Catherine Gilbert Murdock, then scroll on to the next book :)
Well, to start off with, I didn't even finish this book. I got half way and all I could think was "Why the hell am I still reading this?" and so I stopped and moved on. This book was so boring and kinda confusing. I normally like having different POVs, but getting letters, diary entries, encyclopaedia
entries, and what-not can just be so confusing.
The characters were all very flat, and it was impossible to tell who the main character was. I think it was Trudy, but I'm not quite sure. But it was way too clear who the villain was. Srsly, what villain writes down her evil plan on a piece of paper? Ugh, I must take over the Kingdom soon! Like WTAF?!
Oh, and about their names... Wisdom, Fortitude, Benevolence, Modesty. I'm kinda ok with the fact that the characters have these kinda names, but if you're gonna do it, plz do it to ALL the characters. Some of them had virtue names, and some of them had regular names.
Half way into the book, nothing had really happened yet. The people had been travelling and seen a circus and that was about it. Maybe it just wasn't my kinda book.
OTP: Trudy and Tips

☻☺☺☺☺
1 of 5 smileys (Not surprisingly)


So yeah, after such a negative experience, I picked up a book I had bought only this motnh and that I had been so excited to read. It has been all over Booktube and Bookstagrammers have been raving about it too. You know which one I'm talking about: It's greenish, has pink lettering, written by the author of Elanor & Park... Yes, Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell.
Fangirl deserves all the attention it got. It was so feelsy, which is something I like in a book, plus I could totally see myself in Cath. I think just about every fangirl can see herself in Cath. Something I liked even more, was that Fangirl dealt with darker subjects without actually saying it out loud. OK that sounded weird, but if you read it you know what I mean. It's quite obvs to me that Cath has social anxiety and her dad is insane, but they do their best and manage to get by anyway, and I just love that so much!
The storyline in itself is also great, and I think this book will be good for anyone who is about to be college freshman. The only thing I could really think of comparing it to was The Perks of Being a Wallflower, which I also really really love.
OTP: Simon and Baz

☻☻☻☻☻
5 of 5 smileys

Wow, that was quite a lot of books, huh? And I need to chose a favourite?! Oh gosh this is gonna be hard... You might have noticed that I gave almost all of these books 5 smileys. I loved most of the books I read this month, and I don't think I'll ever have so great a month, but I have to chose a favourite. I think I am gonna have the book that was so good it surprised me. Yes, I'm gonna say that Lies by Michael Grant was my fave book of March 2013. Tbh, as you're reading this, I'm reading its sequel, Plague!

Thanks for reading, I really do appreciate it. As usually, you can find me here:
Instagram: @Potterlocknerd
Twitter: @Potterlocknerd
Goodreads @Potterlocknerd (Lis Albers)

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar