fredag den 14. marts 2014

We Need To Talk About: Dash & Lily's Book of Dares

So this is a new series of blogposts that I am starting. They are called "We Need To Talk About..." and this is where I write about books that I feel like we need to talk about. It could be for any number of reasons, and it might not always be a very positive talk. The blogposts in this series will appear whenever I feel like they should. Also, the WNTTA will always be free of major spoilers, so if you haven't read the book I'm talking about, don't worry cuz I ain't no spoiler.

Ok so on to WNTTA #1: Dash and Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David LevithanIt's been a while, since I read a cute fluffy adorable book.

Fluffy: When a book is so absolutely adorbs/adorkable that one can't help aaaaaaaaaaw'ing at least 5 times throughout the story

I know I read An Abundance of Katherines back in February, but that is the closest we get to a fluffy book this year, and honestly, it wasn't all that fluffy. Fluffiness is probs also the reason Dash is my fave character. Srsly tho. A teenage boy who wants a OED?! Like do they actually physically EXCIST? Cuz I've never met one, and boy would I like to.

Apart from Dash just being perfff, Dash & Lily's Book of Dares was everything I had hoped it would be. Not just a romance book, though romance is defi a ginormous element. It's also about just being a young adult and on Lily's part, it's also a lot about finding yourself and getting to know yourself better. I guess you could say embarrassment too, when mentioning elements and themes, but there is only a small part, and if you don't like reading about embarassment, (maybe that's just how you roll, in which case you and I roll the same way) then that's totally fine, and you can easily read the book anyway.

Another thing is that the two characters, Dash and Lily, are the most shippable ship ever. Like it is impossible to read the book and NOT ship them. Like even from the first pages on, I just wanted them to meet up and kiss already. I'm not telling you if they actually do fall in love after meeting each other. You gotta read the book.

After reading the first half, which was all fluff upon fluff added with fluff, I was kinda expecting some problems or complications, or at least some incredibly embarrassing scenes, cuz that's what I'm used to when reading contemp, but it didn't really happen. Everything didn't fall to shit, but there were some small problems (ain't complaining here. I know you can't have a good book without problems and shit).

That's all I really had to say about Dash and Lily's Book od Dares. If there is a particular book you would like me to review or read, plz leave a comment below, and I'll see if I can get it done.
Also plz follow me on Instagramor Twitter or befriend me on Goodreads. My URL on all 3 pages is @Potterlocknerd.

Thz for your patience guyses, I will write more soon.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar