onsdag den 12. marts 2014

Top 7 books of 2013

Ok so I wanted to do a list of my fave books that I read in 2013, and I read  A LOT, and loved almost every single one of them. If you are looking for book recommendations, stay. As usual, I won't spoil. These books might not have come out in 2013, but I read them in 2013, and that's kinda the point of this list.

Without further ado, and in no particular order, here is:

My top 7 books of 2013

Life After Life by Kate Atkinson

First time I read anything by her, and I gotta say, what a first! Sometimes you need to read a few novels to really be able to say that you love the author, but with Life After Life, you just can't help but love Kate Atkinson.

Sylvie and Bruno Concluded by Lewis Carroll
A Lewis Carroll book. I read all of his works back in like February 2013, so that's more than a year ago now, but it was so much better than the preceding novel Sylvie and Bruno. Also, I will probsb always say that the Sylvie and Bruno duo is better than the Alice duo.

The Fault in Our Stars by We-All-Know-So-Why-Bother-Writing-His-Fucking-Name
Yes, like everyone else I love this book, and no, reading it doesn't make you hiptser. Just fucking read it, OK?

The One-Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out Of The Window And Disappeared by Jonas Jonasson
Say what for a long title, guyses. This was written by a Swede (person from Sweden. duh), and initially takes place in Sweden. The only other books I've read by a Swede are Astrid Lindgren's books. Idek if non-scandinavians know who she is, but she's pretty cool. Also, even if it might not have been the most intriguing book ever, reading it is def worth the experience.

One Day by David Nicholls
It's so cute and fluffy and even if you don't like contemporary, it doesn't matter, it's good anyway. It's about British Emma and Dexter, and we get to read about one day in their lives each year (I think it's July 25th, but don't blame me if I'm wrong) and it's just so genuienly GOOD and FOR BOTH BOYS AND GIRLS. btw it ends in tears, sorry

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
This book is made of mystery and horror. Don't read it at night, cuz it'll scare you shitless. BUT IT IS SO FANTASTIC AND I CAN'T WAIT TO GET A HOLD OF THE SEQUEL. If you like weird timey wimey stuff along with kids who possess superpowers, then you've founf the right book. Basically any Whovian would love this to death (JK all whovians died last Christmas)

Five Weeks in a Balloon by Jules Verne
Yes, I know it's old, but it's gold. To me anyway. I just love th old fashioned scifi genre. Is that weird? well idgaf. Idek what was even so great about this book, I just enjoyed it so much I wanna read it again. Jules Verne has some pretty good stuff, and some pretty crappy stuff...


So yeah... There y'all have it, Guyses. My fave books of 2013. Weird collection, but who gives a shit? If you want to tell me about YOUR fave books of 2013,  just write a comment, and I'll see if I can get a hold of the books you recommend.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar